Thursday, February 12, 2009

God Will Take Care of You

"Be not dismayed whate'er betide, God will take care of you." That's how the old hymn goes. And when you are following the Lord, he makes provison. I saw this again today. As I wondered how God will take care of our daily needs, an unexpected check arrived in the mail. No, it's not a Stimulus check but close - it was a check from the US Treasury. It seems that the IRS made an error on my 2007 taxes this time - in my favor for a substantial amount! Who needs unemployment compensation when the Lord is working! Yesterday at church the pastor approached me about a medical school that is looking to sponsor a child for surgical care. We happen to have a good candiate in our own home! We'll let you know how that situation turns out.
So, if you have a care, a worry, a concern, please don't hold on to it. Give it up to the Lord. Philippians 4:5b-6 says, "The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." The next verse will remind you that God's blanket of peace is available to comfort, sustain you and even protect your heart against the worries of the day. This is good news for those facing difficult economic situations.

On a side note. I'm doing very well in my Advanced Educational Psychology course. God is enabling me to keep up with the young bucks. Even received some kudos from the professor! Be praying however, that I might secure good employment and health insurance. And a good dentist. My upper wisdom teeth are in bad shape and are causing a measure of discomfort.

1 comment:

Dave and Jacque Fessenden said...

WOW ! WOW! WOW!
BOY, ROGER, DID I NEED TO HEAR THAT TESTIMONY AND SERMON!